Finding Your Angel Network: Who Are Your Lifelines?
I get by with a little help from my friends... and my acupuncturists, therapist, reiki & breathwork healers, yoga teachers, meditation studios, spin classes, masseuses... and coworkers who happen to be nutritionists. Oh and I can't leave out my family, pup and neighbors! It truly takes a village to keep my head on straight.
One of the many reasons for starting THE REFRESHED is to help you find your own Angel Network of experts. Who do you call on when shit hits the fan? If you have some people in place, when things go totally upsides down (because I hate to tell you, but at some point, it will), you will be much better equipped to cope with whatever drama or trauma comes your way. And your friends, no matter how amazing and special, are NOT ENOUGH! So I'm sharing with you a few of my common referrals in NYC including people who have personally saved my life and put back my puzzle pieces. While I can't give out my own therapist's info, I am happy to help you find one if the following aren't great fits.
THERAPY IN NYC & BK:
- Kaylee Rutchik LCSW (BK)
- Raina Murphy LCSW, Guiding Light Psychotherapy (NYC)
- Jenny Weinstein & Remy Dowd (NYC)
- Kathy Mosca LCSW (Westchester)
- NYU Institute for Psychoanalysis (I found my amazing therapist through this program).
- The Fifth Avenue Counseling Center (accepts most insurance)
ACUPUNCTURE: for anxiety & depression, hormones, PMS & fertility, allergies, physical aches & pains, migraines, PTSD, the flu or common colds, digestion issues, and so, so much more.
- Sarah Swanberg, Indigo Acu (for CT & Westchester NY)
- Christopher Peacock at YINOVA
- Molly Forsyth at 8 Point Wellness
- YINOVA center
- PCOM CLINIC for very affordable sessions I went here for years, you meet with acupuncture (or massage!) students.
BREATHWORK & REIKI & MEDITATION
- Kingsley Delacato (NYC, also wonderful life & goals coach)
- Erin Ward (LA, also world's best yoga teacher)
- Maha Rose
- Erin Telford (traveling but does virtual sessions)
MINDFUL & INTUITUVE EATING
- John Marchesalla (It may be surprising but he has NAILED some things ;) )
Functional Medicine MD
If you have suggestions that aren't on this list, please leave below! I want this to be a great resource for you and for friends and experts/suggestions will continue to be edited and added to.
Be well! xx C